Eggnog is one of the classics among liqueurs and is an absolute pleasure. If you think that you can only buy it, you are wrong. In this blog post we will show you how you can make eggnog yourself quickly and easily.
With this recipe you can not only impress your guests, but also surprise your family and friends with a homemade gift.
The list of ingredients is short and clear. You probably already have everything you need at home:
- 6 egg yolks
- 250 grams of sugar
- 250ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml strong alcohol (e.g. vodka)
Before you start, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
Now we can start:
1. Put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
2. Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan, but do not let it boil.
3. Slowly pour the egg and sugar mixture into the saucepan, whisking constantly.
4. Continue to heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
5. Remove the pot from the stove and let the mixture cool down.
6. Add the alcohol and mix well.
7. Pour the mass through a sieve into a bottle.
When your eggnog is ready, you can enjoy it chilled. Our stainless steel martini glasses are ideal for serving your eggnog in a particularly elegant way.
🍹 Made of high quality stainless steel
🍸 Capacity: 200ml
💕 In rose gold
✨ Robust, rustproof and high quality
🧼 Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
If you like it a little more individual, you can refine the egg liqueur. Here are some tips:
- Spices: Vanilla, cinnamon or cloves give the liqueur a special note.
- Chocolate: If you like it chocolaty, you can add some melted chocolate to the mixture.
- Cream: If you like it even creamier, you can add more cream.
Eggnog can be stored in the refrigerator at 4-7 degrees Celsius for up to three months. It is important that it is well closed and not stored near strong-smelling food.
Eggnog as an ingredient for baking
Eggnog is not only a treat to drink, but also a great ingredient for baking. You can use it in cakes, tarts or desserts, for example. So you can spoil your loved ones with even more homemade treats.
Eggnog as a gift
Eggnog is also suitable as a gift. Fill it in a nice bottle or decorative glass and decorate the whole thing with ribbon or pendants. You can also attach a label with the name of the liqueur and the date it was made. So you have a great gift that comes from the heart and is guaranteed to be well received.
Making eggnog yourself is very easy and the result is an absolute pleasure. With this recipe you can impress your guests and surprise your family and friends with a homemade gift.
It is important that all ingredients are at room temperature and that you slowly heat the mixture over low heat. If you like it more individual, you can refine the egg liqueur. When storing, make sure that the liqueur is tightly sealed and stored in the refrigerator at 4-7 degrees Celsius. Then you can enjoy your homemade eggnog for up to three months.
In summary, making eggnog yourself is a great experience. With just a few ingredients and a little patience, you can conjure up a delicious liqueur that will delight not only you but also your guests. And who knows, maybe you will become an eggnog master and experiment with different spices and ingredients. Try it out and let yourself be surprised by the result!