From inception to over 5000 stores in 3 years.
Exported to 30 countries.
100 million drinking straws replaced.
What once started as a student project has quickly developed into one of the fastest growing food tech companies in Germany.
We give apple fibre, a by-product of apple juice production, a second life and thus save resources and the environment.
With our interdisciplinary research team we develop new patented recipes as well as innovative manufacturing methods to replace disposable plastic tableware with sustainable and edible variants.
Both apple fibre and cereals are highly renewable and regenerative resources and not only provide a more sustainable product but also extend the shelf life of the product. As a result, it can withstand several hours of uninterrupted use and completely degrade after composting.
In the last 4 years we at WISEFOOD have developed rapidly and are now the supplier with probably the largest portfolio of edible disposable tableware in the world.
Key facts about Wisefood
- Our mission originally began as a student project, but Wisefood GmbH, headquartered in Garching near Munich, has been in existence since 2017.
- We obtain our raw materials almost exclusively from certified partners in Germany. We attach great importance to promoting the recycling economy.
- We currently export to more than 30 countries worldwide, but we are always networking and expanding.
- In 2019 alone, our SUPERHALM could replace more than 50 million plastic straws that would otherwise have polluted our oceans.
- In 2020, we are moving forward: we are currently working at full speed to expand our product portfolio of sustainable, edible disposable tableware.
Further information and current press releases can be found here. Further information and current press releases can be found here.